Little Shop of Horrors

Kaitlyn Wilson, Reporter

Last weekend Cartersville High School put on their spring musical, “Little Shop of Horrors”. Little Shop of Horrors is a play about a unique plant that brings much business to the floral shop on Skid Row, the setting of the play. With the increase of business, the plant “Audrey 2,”  eventually starts to talk and demands more food, which is indeed human blood. While the story line is mostly surrounding the power of the plant, there is also a love triangle between the two employees of the shop; Audrey and Seymour, and Audrey’s abusive boyfriend; Orin Scrivello, DDS.

The play had an alternate cast that performed on different nights and each had a chance to be in the spotlight. There were four show dates so each cast had an equal chance to perform to their best ability. Seymour was played by Clay Duke, a junior at Cartersville High School. The other lead, Audrey, was played by Sara Weidetz (junior) and Chloe Bacon(freshman). The Chipper had the chance to interview Sara about her experience in the “Little Shop of Horrors” and in other school productions.

Left to right: Alexia Stearns, Heather Hall, Riley Barkley

This is Sara’s 7th school production at Cartersville High School and her first time being the lead. Therefore she was very nervous on her opening night Saturday. The alternate cast Sara was in performed Saturday night at 7:00 and Sunday at 3:15. The hardest part of playing this character she told us was the very emotional parts of the production. “Dying was the hardest part because of how emotional and connected you have to be with the audience,” she told us.

Another person we interviewed was Heather Hall, a sophomore at Cartersville High School. This is Heather’s first production at Cartersville High School and definitely not the last she told us. We asked her what she expected going into her first production at Cartersville High School in terms of learning lines and the amount of time put into making the show happen. “I didn’t think the drama department put as much into the shows as they did. Memorization was a breeze for me. However the late night rehearsals and work days did wear me out. The result was amazing though,” she told us. Heather loved the storyline and thought the show in general was fascinating. We asked her about backstage and what kind of stuff had to happen in order to produce the show. She said “We wouldn’t have had a show without the tech crew. Some were dressing Audrey for her next scene, some were pulling curtains, others were helping move the mouth of Audrey 2.” In all she was very ecstatic about the opportunity of being in the play and is excited for more productions to come.

Heather Hall

Little Shop of Horrors was an interesting and comical production. The cast at Cartersville High School made it a pleasurable experience for  everyone in the audience watching. These talented students have a lot going for them in the future.

• Little Shop of Horrors

Features

College? That’s a Real Thing?

• Little Shop of Horrors

A & E

Star Wars: The Rampant Speculation

• Little Shop of Horrors

Features

Super Bowl LI: Falcons vs Patriots

• Little Shop of Horrors

Humor

Midterm Survival Guide

• Little Shop of Horrors

Features

Social Media and the Youngsters

• Little Shop of Horrors

Features

South Korea has a Plan to Kill Kim Jong-Un, Just in Case

• Little Shop of Horrors

News

Letter from the Editor

• Little Shop of Horrors

Opinion

Nearly There

• Little Shop of Horrors

Showcase

What It Means To Be Black

• Little Shop of Horrors

Features

Attention Aspiring CAHISCO or Chipper Members!

Little Shop of Horrors