Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Kaitlyn Wilson, Writer

As seniors are about to graduate and juniors are about to become seniors, we find ourselves reminiscing on our past years at Cartersville High School. Those days where we were just little freshmen coming from middle school and stepping into the big world of high school. We all had to suck it up and experience the scary world that high school had to offer. These are a list of things you might currently do or have done as a freshman.

1. Make a Map– When I was a freshman I embarrassingly admit that I made a map and highlighted each one of my classes. I even went as far as tracing the path I had to take to get to each and every single class because that was just the nervous little 14 year old I was. I studied that map for hours and was so nervous for the first day of school.

2. Read the Handbook– Now I personally did not do this nor did I ever want to, but I know that some people did it. Whether they wanted to know what was expected or they didn’t want to break the rules in some way, they read it. They read the whole thing and didn’t skip a line.

3. Get parents to sign forms– we all know on the first day of school we brought home all of those papers and made our parents sign each and every one. As seniors it’s rare and you either get your friend to sign it or let’s be honest, forge it. Many of us don’t admit it but everyone has done it at least once in their high school years.

4. Homework– If you still do all of your homework at home and not at lunch then you are missing out. Whether it’s at study hall or at lunch you have plenty of time to do your homework for the following class. If you are a brave soul then you sometimes do your homework in other classes that aren’t necessarily as important at the time.

5. Eat school food– Unless you were here when they had the good cookies and the baskets of chicken tenders and fries then you should not be eating at school. Sometimes you have to but most times you do have a choice. Most people bring their lunch from home but when you forget your lunch you are best off not to eat. Unless you want a stomach ache for the rest of the day then my advice is to save yourself.

6. Sleep– Something that has been hard for upperclassmen to do is to get a full night’s rest. This may be the case for freshmen but it really starts to set in when you start to think about finishing. An eight hour of sleep on a school night is very rare and very hard to obtain.

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

A & E

Little Shop of Horrors

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Features

College? That’s a Real Thing?

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

A & E

Star Wars: The Rampant Speculation

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Features

Super Bowl LI: Falcons vs Patriots

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Humor

Midterm Survival Guide

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Features

Social Media and the Youngsters

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Features

South Korea has a Plan to Kill Kim Jong-Un, Just in Case

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

News

Letter from the Editor

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Opinion

Nearly There

• Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…

Showcase

What It Means To Be Black

Reminiscing on our Freshmen Years…