Cheerleading Tryouts are Right Around the Corner!

Amber Rogers, Staff

If you are interested in trying out to be a Competition, Varsity/Football, or JV Football cheerleader for next year’s season, you better act fast! All the forms that are included in the packet located in the front office are due by April 22nd! There are seven forms that need to be signed and returned by that date. That includes: the Overview of the CHS Cheerleading and Spirit Squad form, the Cheer Squad Selection Form and Tumbling Skills Questionnaire form, the Tryout Format form, the Medical Release form, ALL of the Physical forms, the Concussion form, and the Drug Testing Consent form.

The Overview of the Cartersville High School Cheerleading Squads form is just a brief guideline describing the duties and expectations of being a Cartersville high school cheerleader. It includes information on the different teams that the school offers, performances that will be required, games that the cheerleaders will be required to attend, and fees that are mandatory in order to be on a cheer-leading team. There are two of these forms in the tryout packet. One is to sign and return, and the other is for the applicant to keep for their own records.

The Cheer Squad Selection Form and Tumbling Skills Questionnaire asks for general information like contact information and information about which squad that the applicant is interested in. Questions about the applicant’s tumbling ability is also an area that is mandatory to fill out so that they can be properly placed on a squad.

The Tryout Format outlines exactly how the try outs will be conducted. On April 25th-27th, tryout camp for all football cheer will be held in the cheer gym at CHS from 4:00- 5:30 p.m.  During this camp, applicants will learn jumps, a cheer, and a dance to preform at tryouts. On Thursday, April 28th, the day of tryouts, the girls will be given  a number that signifies their turn for tryouts. They will need to stay in order and be ready to go early in case other people decide not to try out. During tryouts, the applicants will be asked to preform the cheer and dance in small groups. Tumbling skills and Jumps will be judged separately. All athletes will need to wear black shorts and a plain white top to tryouts. No print whatsoever on clothing is allowed. All applicants will be graded off of the rubric located at the very end of the tryout packet.

Some forms for parents and doctors to sign include: the Athletic Medical Release Form, the Physical Evaluation form that needs to be conducted by a doctor, and the Concussion Awareness form.

One thing that Varsity Football and Competition Cheerleaders need to know is the Lettering Policy if they want to receive a “Varsity Letter” at the end of the season. In order to earn a varsity letter, the participant must be on time and never miss any cheer-leading activity. Lettering is based on effort, attitude, and is at the sole discretion of the varsity cheerleading coaches.

• Cheerleading Tryouts are Right Around the Corner!

A & E

Little Shop of Horrors

Features

College? That’s a Real Thing?

A & E

Star Wars: The Rampant Speculation

Features

Super Bowl LI: Falcons vs Patriots

Humor

Midterm Survival Guide

Features

Social Media and the Youngsters

Features

South Korea has a Plan to Kill Kim Jong-Un, Just in Case

News

Letter from the Editor

Opinion

Nearly There

Showcase

What It Means To Be Black